Labiaplasty is a surgery procedure which enlarged, oversized labia minoras and labia majoras are shortened and reshaped. Novadays, it is a fairly common and popular operation. While Labia minora (inner tissues of the female genitalia) is small flaps of skin either side of the vajinal opening, Labia majora (outher part of the female genitalia) is big ones. Normally labia minoras don’t appear remarkably between labia majoras when a woman stand. Enlargement of labias might create discomfort . Also its appearence may not be liked. Size of the labia is decreased by utilizing several labiaplasty techniques.
Inner labia is one of the most important organs in genital area. It has a lot sweat glands that provide moisturising. If size of the labias increase, wetness is felt in genital area. Wetness causes bad smell, iching, irritation and infection.
Many reasons lie behind enlarged and slouched labias such as childbirth, aging, sexual activity, smoking, weight loss and genetics.
The women who suffer from enlarged and stretched labias experience a great deal of troubles. Labia minora hypertrophy cause;
Labiaplasty surgery that is a simple prosedure solve all these troubles.
Labiaplasty is performed on 18 aged and over. It should not be done on girls younger than 18 as the labias go on to grow. This operation be useful for females who have oversized, enlarged, stretched, asymmetric, irregular shaped labias and females who don’t like their labias appearance.
Labial hypertrophy isn’t a malign disease. However it can induce low quality life. Desicion of labiaplasty is determinated considering female’s demand. If a woman is uncomfortable from her oversized, slouched labias, she should have labiaplasty done. Labiaplasty has functional and cosmetic benefits.
There are mainly two techniques utilized for labiaplasty procedure.
This technique is not only original but it is also natural procedure to perform. It creates good looking results that patients expected. In addition, trim method is most widespread used technique. In this technique, firstly, excess parts and unwanted tissues of vajinal lips are removed by cutting with scalpel or surgery scissors. Latter remaining tissue is sutured with very thin, absorbable suture.
This method provides natural looking results and preserves nerve function. In the technique, a partial wedge tissue is cut away from labia minora and then opened edges are stitched by connecting.
Surgeon decide to which labiaplasty technique is appropriate for patient after the patient is examined and evaluated.
Generally labiaplasty procedure takes approximately 30-40 minutes. Last examination and tests for operation are done the day before the operation. After surgery the patient is followed about 5-6 hours and is discharged. If it is performed under general anesthesia, patient has been hospitalized one night.
Labiaplasty surgery can be performed under local anesthesia, general anesthesia or spinal anesthesia. Also sedation anesthesia can be added to local anesthesia as well. The agreed desicion of surgeon, anesthetist and patient determines the form of anesthesia.
Labiaplasty that is an effective and a safe operation is a surgical procedure to remove overhanging, droping inner vaginal lips. Moreover it is a minor surgery. Genital region tissues heal easily thanks to good vascularization. Usually, the woman who had labiaplasty can return to her daily rutine in a few days after operation day. However she should avoid from activities that cause to strain and pressure on genital area in 2-4 weeks. Complete recovery can take 6-8 weeks. İn this procedure, dissolvable stitches are used. These stitches aren’t taken, typically they melt and go theirselves in 3-4 weeks. The scar oriantate labial tissue very well thanks to its wrinkle and fold structure. There isn’t a noticable scar.
Sexual intercourse is allowed 6-8 weeks later after doctor’s visit.
Labioplasty surgery has minimal risks that can appear at every surgery.
1. Pain: During operation pain isn’t felt at all thanks to anesthesia. Discomfort and pain that may be in one or two days after labiaplasty decreasingly relieves. Certain painkillers prescribed by surgen will be usefull for pains.
2. Swelling: Swelling that is the body’s natural reaction to surgery continues in the two weeks after operation. And then it will decline itself. Swelling entirely disappears in two or three months after surgery prosedure. Extreme swelling suggests hematoma and infection. Cold compress and some creams will to reduce the swelling.
3. Bleeding: Bleeding in which form of spotting can be appeared in ten days after labiaplasty. In case of abundant bleeding, the doctor absolutely must be informed.
4. İnfectios: Infection is potential risk at every surgery. However using antibiotics and sterilized conditions minimalise the ratio of infection risk. If you have these symptoms in operation area, you need to contact with your surgeon in terms of infection;
5. Iching: Iching that is a common and natural side effect lessens in two weeks after labiaplasty. Generally solving stitches causes of minimal iching. But excessive and persistent iching may be due to bacterial or yeast infections.
6. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness: General anesthesia accounts for nausea, vomiting, dizziness. These semptoms relieve in two or three hours after operation. Some medicines are given for nausea and vomiting if necessary.
Labiaplasty prices vary due to four reason such as hospital choice, surgeon preference, type of anesthesia, labiaplasty technique in Antalya Turkey. That’s way the doctor examines the patient and determine a cost.